February 12, 2018
Tuxedo Rentals – Frequently Asked Questions
- How soon should I book my tuxedo?
You should book your rentals as soon as you have finalized your styles.
Bookings are prioritized by pre registration date by the vendors.
- Do I need to pre register?
Pre registration is preferable to keep things organized.
The renters should be in 6 to 8 weeks prior for initial measurements.
- Do I need an appointment?
We recommend an appointment to ensure that you get our full attention.
- Are children’s sizes available? Is there a children’s discount?
Yes. Discounts vary depending on vendor.
- Where can I look at the various options available to me.
You can take advantage of three options.
First is to come visit us in store.
Second, you can visit the website of the rental vendors, www.collinsformalwear.com to browse the catalogue.
Third, you can make a stop at the showrooms of the vendor. The location is found on their website.
- When do the garments need to be returned?
Rentals are due back the first business day following rental date by 1:00 p.m.
There is a $15.00 per day late fee.
- Is there a down payment required?
A $50.00 down payment is required at time of measuring. The balance is due before the rental leaves the store.
- Should I try on the garment?
Absolutely! Many adjustments can be made if we are aware in time. Without trying on the rental two days before the wearing date, the needed corrections cannot be made.
- Can I have early delivery?
Early delivery is available at a cost of $10.00 per rental per day.
- If I work late, how can I try on the garment?
Prepay the balance and have a family member or friend pick up the garment and call us the next day to discuss the fit. Early delivery is available at an extra charge per rental.
- What if one of the people in my wedding party lives out of town and cannot come to get measured?
If there is a Collins Rental location where person lives, they are welcome to get measured there.
We also have attached an out of town measuring form, available to download. If there is no Collins rental locations where they live, they can go to any suit store and ask them to fill out the measurement form and send them to us.
- Does Carter’s want your business?
Absolutely!! We take pride in the fact that we pay attention to detail and are agents for the top formal rental agencies in Ontario.